Saturday, April 9, 2011

Unravelling the Pregnancy Mystery

I met with our local health center this morning to discuss a planned World Malaria Day event I'm facilitating on April 26th.


While there, I asked them about the pregnancy tests they conducted at my school. They informed me that they examine each girl, checking first their stomachs for any obvious signs of pregnancy, i.e. a belly.


Then, they check their breasts, specifically their nipples. They told me that once a girl/woman becomes pregnant, her nipples will darken. And she may form dimples around her nipples. They also squeeze the nipples to check for breast milk.


If, through any of these tests, they have any suspicion that a girl is pregnant, they bring them back to the health center for a urine test to confirm.

Sound good women?

1 comment: