Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Hey Everyone!

Fantastic news from the Peace Corps Uganda world. We received our site placements yesterday. I'm going to be in a small town called Kamuge. I will be teaching math and physics at Kamuge High School.

The town looks to be about 10k east of Pallisa and about 40k outside the major city of Mbale. I'm really happy and excited with where I have been placed.

So I'm in Kampala today. I will travel to Kamuge tomorrow for my initial site visit. I will get to see my future home and meet my counterpart and supervisor. I will also get a tour of the school I will be teaching at.

I have so much to write and update you all with. My mind is filled with too many thoughts to distill in this internet cafe. I will try and write again soon.

Cheers,
Joe

P.S. - Here are two more random pictures I managed to upload.



My fantastic host sisters, Fina and Sala



This enormous wasp that decided to fly into our room one day in Kidetok. Score: Joe - 1, Wasp - 0





1 comment:

  1. Hi,are you willing to help me, a graduate student in University of Minnesota, understand the electrical needs of the people in Uganda? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete